As the institutional framework for EANET, the Intergovernmental Meeting is the decision making a body of EANET. The Scientific Advisory Committee was established under the Intergovernmental Meeting, and the Secretariat and the Network Center were designated to support the network. These organizations promote the network activities in close communication, coordination and collaboration with the national focal points, national centers and national QA/QC managers in the participating countries.
- Composed of representatives of the participating countries; and
- Make decisions on the implementation of the Network activities.
Scientific Advisory Committee
- Composed of scientists and technical experts nominated by the participating countries etc.;
- Advise and support the Intergovernmental Meeting on scientific and technical issues of the network; and
- Establish task forces where appropriate.
- Communicate and coordinate with the participating countries concerning the network;
- Prepare for the EANET meetings such as the Intergovernmental Meeting; and
- Conduct necessary administrative and financial management activities for the network.
- Compile, evaluate and store the EANET monitoring data, provide data upon requests by the participating countries, and prepare data reports;
- Promote QA/QC activities in the participating countries;
- Provide technical support to the participating countries, including the implementation of various training activities;
- Provide technical support for EANET meetings;
- Undertake research activities on acid deposition; and
- Promotion of public awareness.
Organizations in the participating countries
- National Focal Points
- Communicate and coordinate with the Secretariat and the Network Center for EANET concerning implementation of the network activities.
- National Centers
- Collect the national monitoring data and submit them to the Network Center;
- Promote national QA/QC activities; and
- Deal with technical matters on the network activities in the country.
- National QA/QC Managers
- Promote national QA/QC activities in cooperation and coordination with the national centers.