The Fellowship for Building Leadership in Atmospheric Environment and Air Quality Management in East Asia is a program organized by the Network Center for the EANET in collaboration with Fudan University, in Shanghai, China, and Clean Air Asia.
Aligned with the 2024 Work Programme and Budget of EANET, the Fellowship Program aims to enhance leadership in the atmospheric environment and air quality management.
The Fellowship for Building Leadership in Atmospheric Environment and Air Quality Management in East Asia program has been approved at the Twenty-fifth Session of the Intergovernmental Meeting (IG25) on the EANET, as a Project Activity, co-funded by the EANET Project Fund and Fudan University, and with in-kind support of Clean Air Asia.
Open to participants from the 13 EANET Participating Countries (in consultation with their respective National Focal Points), the program will be held for six months in 2024, including two alternate on-site research sessions at Fudan University in Shanghai, China, and the Network Center for the EANET in Niigata, Japan, from July 15 to August 9, 2024.
Five participants will be selected, engaging in monthly online meetings and intensive on-site training from July 15 to August 9, 2024, with progress reporting and discussions with designated supervisors in both China and Japan.
The program encourages research on topics within the EANET’s scope such as air quality monitoring, data analysis, methodology development on simulation and modeling, emission inventory, health impact, policy, and management of the atmospheric environment.
In addition, the key objectives are:
- to strengthen the research capacity of young officers/researchers in the EANET Participating Countries, especially in developing countries.
- to promote scientific policy-making as well as research in those countries.
- develop leadership capacities among EANET officers/researchers
- to promote interdisciplinary research and enhance sectoral cooperation between academia and government to address various comprehensive problems in the EANET region, especially in the developing nations.
- to provide a platform for the young generation of researchers and government officials, who will be responsible for managing EANET in the future, to have integrated discussions and reflections.
Nomination and Selection Process
The National Focal Points from the EANET Participating Countries will nominate one or more relevant candidate(s) to apply for the fellowship program in 2024, and inform the Network Center (NC) for the EANET by email, before 23 February 2024. For any questions related to the nomination and selection process, contact the Network Center.
Find out more about the EANET Project Activities on the EANET Project Fund web page.